Saturday, April 18, 2009

Who do I think I am??

I learned a lot of life lessons early on. Some good. Some not so nice, but I am the type of person that I only have to fuck up once and I got it. ..well maybe twice. I even learn from other people mistakes. So I usually “check myself” before life has the chance to or someone else for that matter. So on this beautiful Sat afternoon as I update my social/business calendar, I ask who do I think I am to wake up in a foul mood b/c have SO much to do?
As I pencil in, highlight dates/time and balance my accounts, who am I am to be someone other than and happy, joyful grateful young lady. On of my favorite scripture is Psalm 37:4-6. Delight yourself in the Lord and you may have the desire of your heart. Its not about getting what I want, but all he ask is that we trust love honor and obey him and was will be alright. Not the surface desire, but what we really want and need. As an only child, I used to want to huge circle of friends and we’d do everything together, but the lord know me and my need for my personal time and space, so he gave me a few amazing friends. Totally different, but the same in that they love and respect me and enjoy our time together. And b/c I don’t see them as often as I’d like, I value the time we do get to talk or hang out. Every weekend in May and I somewhere doing something with someone I love and it can’t get any better that than.




“The job” is the big thing going on right now. I was asked about it in October. Applied for it in February. Interview March and Now in April, I am still waiting. I have a 2nd interview next Friday. I am usually very self aware, but I don’t know how I should feel. Being sought out in it self is a big deal, but not enough. So until they tell me Im not, Meredith M. Talford is new Program Director II for the STD/HIV Division of sc Department of Health and Environmental Control. All this week, amidst of all the other thing, I got to get me study on and make sure I walk in and present myself to the best of my ability.

0 comments: